You are receiving DG Amazing Experiences as a user of private aviation. Our travel briefs are specifically designed for private aviation users, covering the best in new hotels, villas, travel adventures, and security while traveling. We have over 25,000 readers weekly in over 80 countries. If you would no longer like to receive our reports, unsubscribe here.
July 2018 - Vol 4, No 19 - Questions to ask before you buy a Jet Card
QUESTIONS TO ASK…
Even if you have your own private jet or fractional share, like cars in a driveway, sometimes you need more than one. For example, your own aircraft may not have the range or size for a series of upcoming missions, or perhaps you need one for your spouse so she or he can meet up with you when you are coming from different directions. Perhaps you use a company jet for business, but need a personal solution.
Many jet cards offer fixed one-way rates avoiding ferry fees and guaranteed availability as little as eight hours before departure, which means you can more easily budget for upcoming travel and not worry about spending time ferreting through quotes from brokers, worry about the safety records of operators or the pilots who will be flying you or your loved ones. While jet cards make booking flights down to one call or a tap on your smartphone, you should ask questions before you buy, and in this issue we give you 36 questions to ask before you buy a jet card from our sister site Private Jet Card Comparisons.
Looking for a Jet Card?
If you are shopping for a jet card, check out our sister site - Private Jet Card Comparisons - the only independent buyer’s guide to jet card programs - compare over 250 programs by more than 65 variables.
Here's what Private Jet Card Comparisons subscriber Louis from Miami says:
"Six Stars! I had no earthly idea how to begin to analyze or compare the multitude of different Jet cards which exist out there. My sister turned me onto Doug Gollan's Private Jet Card Comparisons. I became a subscriber and then contacted Doug with a multitude of questions. He helped me refine my search and I ended up buying what I believe to be the perfect Jet Card for my family and business needs...This service is irreplaceable and I believe it would be imprudent not to spend the few dollars this service requires when you are about to make a multi-thousand dollar investment of this nature. (Private Jet Card Comparisons saved) me $1,000's of dollars. This service is a Must!"
All the best,
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A. Private Aviation Headlines
1. Questions To Ask Before You Buy A Jet Card
2. VIP Contact
3. Executive Security Reports
4. Jet Card Insider Reports
5. Best Of DG Amazing Experiences Library
A. PRIVATE AVIATION HEADLINES
1. QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE YOU BUY
Private jet card membership programs provide a convenient way to pre-pay for private aviation travel. Rather than committing long-term to fractional ownership or needing to negotiate with a charter broker trip-by-trip, you sign up for a program with a contractual set of guarantees so that booking a flight is as easy as one call or tapping on an app. However, to find the right one for your needs, you need to do a little homework.
Below are 36 questions you should ask before buying a jet card. These questions will help you isolate differences that are important for your flying needs. By the way, all the answers are available for registered users of Private Jet Card Comparisons, and you can register here.
- Who owns the company, what’s the ownership structure, where is it based and when was it founded?
- How many employees are there?
- What jet cards are offered?
- Which aircraft are applicable for each jet card program?
- What are the denominations of the program? Hours, miles, distance or days?
- What’s the hourly rate? Is Federal Excise Tax (FET) included?
- Where is the service area of the program for your contracted rate?
- What’s the minimum seating for aircraft in each program?
- How are aircraft sourced and what are the standards?
- Does the program use safety-rating agencies, such as ARGUS, Wyvern and IS-BAO for sourcing?
- What are the pilot experience minimums?
- Is there guaranteed availability at a contracted rate?
- Do your funds or hours expire? Can you get a refund? What’s the refill policy?
- Is there an escrow account option?
- How much liability and risk insurance is provided?
- Are there any membership fees or monthly dues?
- Is there a CPI escalator that will raise your rate?
- Are there fuel surcharges?
- Is de-icing included?
- What’s the charge for taxi time?
- What is the minimum flying time charged per segment and day?
- Are there round trip discounts? What’s the definition of a roundtrip?
- How many peak days are there? What is the peak day surcharge?
- What’s the lead-time for reservations, including peak days?
- Can you access multiple aircraft at the same time?
- What’s the cancellation deadline, including for peak days?
- Can you upgrade or downgrade the size of your aircraft and are there blackouts? Is there a fee?
- Do you have your choice of FBO?
- What catering is included?
- Is WiFi guaranteed?
- Is a fully enclosed lavatory guaranteed?
- Are pets allowed? Are there fees?
- What’s the minimum age for unaccompanied minors?
- What’s the service recovery policy?
- Is there 24/7/365 customer support?
- What are the lifestyle and luxury perks and partnerships?
2. VIP CONTACT
3. EXECUTIVE SECURITY REPORTS
4. JET CARD INSIDER PROGRAM REVIEWS
5. OUR MOST POPULAR SPECIAL REPORTS
DG Amazing Experiences
is by luxury expert Doug Gollan
I've chosen you to receive DG Amazing Experiences because I believe you share my passion for both business aviation and the best travel and luxury experiences in the world.
DG Amazing Experiences is your e-newsletter guide to the best places and experiences for private jet travelers like yourself. Each recommendation is personally selected by me with the help of some of the smartest and best travel advisors in the world.
My goal is to give you a look ahead at what's new, what's hot, and the best of the best. To make it easy for you, the stories are short, but detailed, and I provide plentiful links to additional, relevant information.
You will know links because they are underlined in red. Where relevant, I provide email contacts of top travel professionals who will personally answer any questions you might have. Key contact email addresses are underlined in blue.
If you want to leave us, we are sorry to see you go, but click to Unsubscribe
Doug Gollan, LLC
888 Biscayne Blvd. #4709
Miami, FL 33132